ROLLiN' Car Insurance

ROLLiN’ is an online car insurer which has sought to shake up the Australian market with its uniquely structured policy. Read our review to learn more about its services!

Written by 
Savvy Editorial Team
Savvy's content writing team are professionals with a wide and diverse range of industry experience and topic knowledge. We write across a broad spectrum of finance-related topics to provide our readers with informative resources to help them learn more about a certain area or enable them to decide on which product is best for their needs with careful comparison. Meet the team behind the operation here. Visit our authors page to meet Savvy's expert writing team, committed to delivering informative and engaging content to help you make informed financial decisions.
Our authors
, updated on February 16th, 2024       

Fact checked

At Savvy, we are committed to providing accurate information. Our content undergoes a rigorous process of fact-checking before it is published. Learn more about our editorial policy.

ROLLiN’ is a new player in the Australian car insurance market, having been founded in 2019. Its streamlined product selection and service set it apart, as it aims to make it easier for Australians to buy and manage their car insurance, with a particular focus on young drivers. The company is underwritten by IAG, which also backs NRMA, CGU and other leading insurers around the country.

Our review breaks down the policy which is currently available through ROLLiN’. You can learn about what is and isn’t covered, as well as what you could potentially add to your coverage, right here!

Disclaimer: all coverage offered by ROLLiN’ is subject to the terms and conditions of your policy. Limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or contact ROLLiN’ if you’re unsure about what is and isn’t covered.

Please note that Savvy does not represent ROLLiN’ for its car insurance products. All listed policies, inclusions and limits are correct as of July 2023.

ROLLiN' car insurance

What car insurance policies are available through ROLLiN’?

Unlike most car insurance companies, ROLLiN’ only offers a single type of car insurance policy:

Comprehensive car insurance

Comprehensive car insurance is the policy which generally offers the most extensive coverage, most notably protection for accidental damage to your vehicle which wouldn’t be covered under other third party policies. The areas which are covered under ROLLiN’’s comprehensive car insurance include:

  • Accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle due to accidental collision, fire or explosion, theft or attempted theft, vandalism, storm, flood or water, lightning or hail or accident
  • Legal liability for damage to other people’s property caused by you or another driver using your car or trailer, up to $20 million
  • Reasonable cost of emergency transport home or accommodation if your car is deemed unsafe to drive and is at least 200km from your home (up to $500 in total)
  • Reasonable cost of towing and storing your vehicle if it’s deemed unsafe to drive after a covered event (one tow covered per period of insurance)
  • Reasonable cost of replacing and recoding your car keys and locks if your keys are stolen (up to $1,000)
  • Reasonable cost of emergency repairs to ensure your car is safe to drive (up to $500 per incident)
  • New for old vehicle replacement for a total loss with less than 15,000km driven with a new vehicle of the same or similar make, model, engine and modifications
  • Cover for accidental loss of or damage to your trailer while attached to your vehicle (up to $1,000)
  • Reasonable cost of a hire car after a covered event while your vehicle is being repaired for up to 21 days or until repairs are completed or your claim is settled (maximum of $80 per day)
  • Cover for one claim relating solely to covered windscreen, sunroof or window glass damage with no excess
  • Cover for child seats or baby capsules damaged in a covered incident (up to $1,000)
  • Cover for vehicle batteries, charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors for electric cars damaged under a covered event
  • Quality of repairs guaranteed by ROLLiN’

Are there any optional extras available through ROLLiN’?

Yes – ROLLiN’ offers one optional extra when it comes to their car insurance:

  • Car value boost option, which increases the single car value coverage of your vehicle by 15%

What are some of the pros and cons of buying car insurance through ROLLiN’?

  • Flexible car insurance subscription: ROLLiN’s car insurance is based on a subscription model, which allows you to pay monthly at no extra cost and cancel at any time without additional fees.
  • Automatic policy renewal: ROLLiN’s model is such that renewing your policy doesn’t require you to fill out any forms, meaning you don’t have to do anything unless you decide to cancel.
  • EV cover: by taking out comprehensive cover through ROLLiN’, you can access cover for your electric vehicle’s supporting equipment.
  • No choice of repairer: all repairs are conducted through ROLLiN’s repair network, meaning there’s no option for you to select your own.
  • $3,000 unlisted driver excess: while its listed driver excess is set at $800, the $3,000 you’d have to pay if an unlisted driver is in an accident is very steep.

Common questions about ROLLiN’ car insurance

What is ROLLiN’s single car value?

The single car value as set out in your comprehensive car insurance policy is the amount you’ll be covered for by ROLLiN’ in the event of a total loss, which is based on several factors:

  • Your car’s accessories and modifications
  • Your car registration and CTP insurance
  • Statutory charges, GST and other taxes
  • RedBook, an Australian valuation site


As mentioned, by opting for the single car value boost, this amount can be increased by 15% in return for an added premium.

How many additional drivers can I add to my ROLLiN’ car insurance policy?

Provided all drivers meet the required qualification criteria, you can list up to ten drivers and ten cars on your policy. There also aren’t any fees associated with adding individuals to your coverage.

In what states does ROLLiN’ offer car insurance in Australia?

You can purchase a car insurance policy through ROLLiN’ in any state or territory in Australia.

How do I make a claim on my ROLLiN’ car insurance policy?

Through ROLLiN’, you can submit your claim online via its website or call its claims team, a line which is open 24/7.

Helpful guides on car insurance

Car Insurance Banner - Happy couple driving an open-top red car.

Stamp Duty on Car Insurance

Find out what stamp duty on car insurance is and how it works through Savvy’s helpful guide. When it comes...

Car Insurance Banner - An exterior view of cars driving on a highway.

Unregistered Car Insurance

Find out whether you can cover your unregistered vehicle through Savvy’s informative guide today. Are you looking for insurance coverage...

Car Insurance Banner - Happy young couple driving around in an open-top vehicle.

Any Driver Car Insurance

Find out whether you can take out cover for any driver on your car insurance policy with Savvy. Wondering whether...

Compare car insurance policies with Compare the Market

Savvy is partnered with Compare the Market to help you compare a range of car insurance policies from a panel of trusted providers.

Explore car insurance options by make

Select your car make and find out how much it may cost to insure, read helpful guides and compare quotes.


Savvy (ABN 78 660 493 194, ACR 541 339) provides readers with a variety of car insurance policies to compare. Savvy earns a commission from our partnered insurers each time a customer buys a car insurance policy via our website. All purchases are conducted via our partners’ websites. The integrity of our comparison service is unaffected by our partnerships with those businesses and our effort remains to bring further brands that do not already use our comparison service onboard.

Savvy’s comparison service includes selected products from a panel of trusted insurers and does not compare all products in the market. Any advice presented above or on other pages is general in nature and doesn’t consider your personal or business objectives, needs or finances. It’s always important to consider whether advice is suitable for you before purchasing an insurance policy. We always recommend readers to consult the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) of different policies before purchasing your car insurance.

ROLLiN' car insurance

We'd love to chat, how can we help?

By clicking "Submit", you agree to be contacted by a Savvy Agency Owner and to receive communications from Savvy which you can unsubscribe from at any time. Read our Privacy Policy.