If you’re looking to live in or near Sydney's central business district, our mortgage brokers can point you at the most cost-effective, flexible borrowing solutions out there. Licenced mortgage brokers have access to more home loan options and lower interest rates. They provide valuable local advice and offer home buyers a national network of lenders.
Sydney's CBD is a unique property market. Almost 70% of residents are independent singles, and housing is limited mostly to apartments. Around 48% of people who live in the CBD rent, which makes this a hotspot for investors and owner-occupiers alike. The former can expect to earn around $600 each week from tenants, representing a healthy rental yield of more than 6%. Both landlords and owner-occupiers will pay a median price of about $1.1 million for an apartment in the city’s centre.
Why is it better to talk with a Savvy mortgage broker?
More lenders equate to more competition, so you’re sure to find lower interest rates with a broker than if you just ask your regular bank. Since wholesale mortgage lenders entered the Australian market in numbers, mortgage brokers have provided an invaluable service for both owner-occupiers and investors. It's seen the industry grow as more Aussies turn to brokers to find cost-effective mortgage deals. In 2017, brokers organised 55% of home loans nationwide.
The fact is, these days, there’s a huge home loan lender landscape compared to 20 years ago. It’s pretty much impossible to cover everything, so it makes sense to let a dedicated home loan professional compare mortgage solutions for you. Savvy's mortgage brokers partner with a range of loan providers, including the big banks, and can access hundreds of different home loan options for home buyers.
Beyond saving you money, our brokers also know the industry inside-out, providing valuable advice before you submit paperwork and applications to lenders. They offer a complete service for home buyers, following up with lenders and making sure the process goes as quickly and as smoothly as possible from start to settlement
Which buyers can a Savvy mortgage broker help?
When they’re not helping homebuyers in Sydney's CBD find the best standard home loan options, our mortgage brokers regularly help a broad range of different buyers with everything from targeting the ideal finance providers for individuals to preparing home loan applications and sourcing specialist mortgage products, including:
- Investment home loans for second home buyers and property investors, available with interest-only repayment terms.
- Professional package home loans, which offer interest rate discounts for qualifying applicants.
- Competitive commercial property loans
- Investment refinance options with a host of features like interest-only repayments or line of credit facilities
- Foreign income home loans for the city’s many overseas residents and investors
Can a mortgage broker advise me about specialised home loan features?
Yes – our mortgage brokers will always look for ways you can reduce the cost of your home loan. They achieve that by using features such as:
- Redraw facilities allow home buyers to make extra repayments on their mortgage and then access equity as they need.
- When you keep money in an offset account linked to your mortgage, the balance reduces the amount of your loan principal that’s subject to interest. That can help you reduce your home loan term by years.
- Fixed-rate home loan repayments, which allow home buyers to predict and budget for monthly expenses more easily.
- Variable-rate home loan repayments, which have fewer fees and offer excellent scope for regular home loan refinance.
- Split-rate home loan repayments, which represent a versatile option for a range of investors and owner-occupiers
Your home loan options
Making your first big step towards buying a home? It's crucial to be across your mortgage options as a first homebuyer.
Opting for a variable interest rate on your home loan means it'll fluctuate as the market moves throughout your repayment term.
On the other hand, fixing your rate locks it in for a pre-defined period. This can bring with it greater certainty around your budget.
It's important not to set and forget when it comes to your home loan. If you find a more competitive offer, it may be worth refinancing.
If you're looking to build a new house, construction loans are specifically designed to cater to the different needs associated with doing so.
A guarantor essentially acts as a safety net for your lender, as they sign onto your loan to agree to pay it off should you become unable to do so.
Purchasing a property as an investment brings with it different specifications from a lender. It's crucial to know what your options are.
Businesses big or small may wish to purchase a property for commercial purposes, which are also different from a standard loan.
Your home loan may give you an interest-only option, which allows you to exclusively pay interest on your loan for a set period.
Just because your finances may be slightly more complicated as a self-employed individual doesn't mean you can't take out a home loan.
Some lenders may allow you to apply for a home loan with alternative documents, such as tax returns, BAS and ABN registration.