Savvy partners with the best home loan specialists all over Australia so that home buyers can enjoy cheaper mortgage solutions, features that match their plans, and a faster, more convenient application process.
Rockingham is just a quick 47 km freeway drive south of Perth, so it’s becoming increasingly popular with commuters. It’s long been a haven for retirees but these days, you’re just as likely to find families and younger singles taking advantage of a life by the beach. In the warmer months, it's a popular tourist haunt. There are cafes, bars, and a vast array of local shops, but it also boasts a huge shopping centre and all the other necessities locals need.
Despite its obvious charms, you can still buy a house in the town for the modest median price of just $425,000. That's where a Savvy mortgage broker comes in, as we can help you tailor your home loan to suit your needs, with affordable rates and flexible features.
Why should I use a Savvy mortgage broker?
Savvy's brokers don’t just arrange finance. They also help home buyers prepare paperwork, submit applications and advise about other additional elements specific to purchasing a home. They can provide guidance concerning lenders mortgage insurance, local stamp duty requirements, transfer fees, and even liaise with the vendor’s solicitor to speed the process along.
Mortgage brokers in general know their stuff. Did you know they have more than 13 years of industry experience on average? What that means for home buyers is expert advice and an increased likelihood of a quick, successful home loan application.
That’s not to say they’re short on options, either. Your Savvy broker may be local, but that doesn’t limit their reach. They partner with between 20 and 50 lenders from various sectors within the marketplace: banks, non-bank lenders and independent finance providers. That gives them access to hundreds of different products and home loan features – plus, they’re likely to find cheaper interest rates too.
What features can a mortgage broker help me access?
Brokers take a more holistic view of your finances, allowing for your budget, additional borrowing, and potential plans. There are several products and strategies they use to help you get more for your money, including:
- Offset accounts are linked to your mortgage. You use them just like any other bank account, but what you deposit reduces how much home loan interest you pay.
- Lines of credit allow home buyers to access the equity they’ve accumulated in their home with rising property prices and regular mortgage repayments. It’s an on-demand facility and you pay the same interest rate as your mortgage when you borrow.
- Redraw facilities work in a similar way but you make extra mortgage repayments so you can access your equity as a cost-effective way to fund anything you need.
Who can a Savvy mortgage broker help in Rockingham?
Just about anybody. Because they partner with more lenders, they can access various specialist home loan products designed to make qualification simpler, faster, and with interest rates that make home ownership more affordable:
- Comparing low-interest owner-occupier home loans is where brokers will begin helping most buyers find their ideal mortgage, but it’s not the only thing they’ll consider. First, they’ll help you figure out if you should go with fixed-rate, variable-rate, or split-rate home loan repayments.
- Rockingham is a great location for first-time buyers, with apartments selling for a median price of just $280,000. Our brokers can help you find a low-deposit home loan, a guarantor mortgage, or a family pledge loan.
- Property investors can look forward to weekly rents of $350 and $300 on houses and apartments respectively. Local brokers can help you compare specialist investment mortgages from dozens of lenders.
- Self-employed home buyers can access specialist home loans with excellent rates and features.
- Professional package home loans come with occupation-specific discounts on interest rates.
- Our brokers can find home loans designed specifically for contractors.
- Retirees can compare hundreds of different reverse home loan options with a local broker.
- If you’ve experienced difficulty with borrowing in the past, we can help you find a bad credit home loan.
Your home loan options
Making your first big step towards buying a home? It's crucial to be across your mortgage options as a first homebuyer.
Opting for a variable interest rate on your home loan means it'll fluctuate as the market moves throughout your repayment term.
On the other hand, fixing your rate locks it in for a pre-defined period. This can bring with it greater certainty around your budget.
It's important not to set and forget when it comes to your home loan. If you find a more competitive offer, it may be worth refinancing.
If you're looking to build a new house, construction loans are specifically designed to cater to the different needs associated with doing so.
A guarantor essentially acts as a safety net for your lender, as they sign onto your loan to agree to pay it off should you become unable to do so.
Purchasing a property as an investment brings with it different specifications from a lender. It's crucial to know what your options are.
Businesses big or small may wish to purchase a property for commercial purposes, which are also different from a standard loan.
Your home loan may give you an interest-only option, which allows you to exclusively pay interest on your loan for a set period.
Just because your finances may be slightly more complicated as a self-employed individual doesn't mean you can't take out a home loan.
Some lenders may allow you to apply for a home loan with alternative documents, such as tax returns, BAS and ABN registration.